A variety of various activities may be performed on hard drives and partitions using MiniTool Partition Wizard Free, which is a free partition management programme for Windows that can be downloaded from the internet. It has the capability of copying, formatting, deleting, wiping, extending, and resizing partitions.
NOTE: The free version of MiniTool Partition Wizard is the subject of the following review. Several functions are only available through a paid upgrade; although the capabilities listed below are all accessible using the free version of the software. If you’re looking for something that MiniTool’s partition manager can’t perform without the upgrade, have a look at this list of related free disc partitioning utilities.
MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Pros & Cons
More Information on MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
- Windows 11 and Windows XP are all supported operating systems.
- Using the Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard, Windows may be transferred from one disc to another.
- The following file systems can be used to build main and logical discs: Ext2/3/4, Linux Swap, FAT/FAT32, or left unformatted are all options for file systems.
- It’s simple to convert an NTFS-formatted partition to the FAT file system by pressing a single button.
- When a partition is formatted, the size of the cluster can be altered.
- Any partition’s drive letter can be changed.
- It is easy to change the size of a partition using MiniTool Partition Wizard since you can either use a mouse to move the slider left or right or input a number manually to ensure that the partition is the correct size.
- Bad sectors can be detected using a surface test.
- It is possible to move partitions and drives from one computer to another by copying them.
- If the file system is corrupted, it can be inspected and/or fixed.
- Volume labels may be customized to suit your needs
- Rebuilding the MBR and transferring the MBR to a GPT disc are supported.
- Converting the system disc from MBR to GPT is possible.
- In a matter of seconds, all partitions may be chosen and deleted at once.
- In Windows, partitions can be hidden so that they don’t show up among other discs and partitions.
- In a flash, you may make a partition active or inactive.
- If you want to enlarge a partition, you may easily break it into two sections and use the free space created as the basis for a new partition.
- Copying only the system partition or the full drive is an option.
- Changing from a primary to logical partition is a snap.
- Changes can be made to a partition’s serial number and Type ID.
- MiniTool Partition Wizard’s Partition Recovery Wizard will help you recover deleted or corrupted partitions.
- Write Zero, Random Data, and DoD 5220.22-M are some of the most prevalent ways for erasing data from hard drives.
- An overview of a partition’s attributes is available, including Type ID, file system, serial number, initial physical sector, and more.
- Their data recovery software is included in the package.
- A benchmark can be executed on any disc.
- There is a built-in disc space analyzer.
- Also available in a portable version.
- It may be used in a variety of languages ranging from English to Japanese to German to French to Korean.
Thoughts on MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
Using MiniTool Partition Wizard, all changes you make to the partitions and discs will be reflected virtually before being submitted to the “Operations Pending” portion of the application, as is the case with other free disc partitioning programmes. A major benefit of this tool is that it allows you to view in real time how the partition modifications you make will affect your system once you click Apply.
That you don’t have to reboot your computer to increase the size of the system partition is also a plus. However, not all free disc partitioning software enable this. As a result, if you have free space on your hard drive that isn’t being utilized, you may rapidly use it to expand the system partition.
In order to access some features of MiniTool’s software, you must upgrade to a premium version after selecting them from the available options.
However, despite the fact that basic discs are supported and “Dynamic Disk” choices are shown, the free version does not enable you manage dynamic discs, thus it’s impossible to convert one to another. Dynamic discs require either the Pro or Server edition.